I needed to make a card today for a 50th birthday...but Andrea was afraid that the lady would be insulted by the drawing we have already so I used Penny.
As I was making it I decided that I wanted to do as much digitally as possible so I started out making the background paper, and the layers. As I was working I decided that I wanted to make it 100% digital just for fun.... this is that card. 100% digital, never printed card.
Here are the parts I used for the card:
- Door stamp w/o person
- Girl stamp (Penny)
- A background image
- A transparent layer. I used the eye dropper tool to get the exact right color from the pants of stamp 2
- Another layer with the exact right color because of the eye dropper
- A purchased digital "brad"
- A purchased digital "ribbon" - it was too long so I had to "cut" it into pieces and duplicate the pieces to get what I needed
- A random card from the internet (original design covered)
- Layer all that together and you have the card!
WELL, I really didn't want to just print the card "as is", I wanted real layers so I pulled all the parts apart so that they were on a single page that I could print and cut then layer. That set off a huge "IDEA ALARM!!!" The page I created would be PERFECT for folks that wanted to give a "homemade" card but needed a little help for various reasons:
- Perfectly matched layering papers / fonts / etc.
- QUICK, no coloring required (the original uncolored stamp is always available if you want to do your own coloring.... and you can even print and make several cards.
- You may not have the skill set to "put it all together" but you can read instructions, cut and glue! (and even add some embellishments if you want)
So, I have created a .pdf file (because anyone should be able to open that) with this card. There are 3 pages, but you only need to print the 2nd page...it has all the "outside" parts...
I would love to give it to you for ..... FREE .... to help me test the idea. All you need to do is ask me for it! I'm doing it this way so I know who has it, that way I can get feedback. my email is:
nancy@DigitalDesignDivas.com
Hope to hear from you soon!
Real quick.... here is what I finally did with the actual card: I added a mask to her face, an invitation to a Monthly Botox Party... then in the bag there is Depends, Clariol Nice and Easy Hair color and some Spanx...to carry with everytime she wants to try something on.




Sent you a email about this, love the idea.
ReplyDeleteI love decaupage so I alway go one step further, so I would cut the lady and the 50 out to give more dimension, sorry it's only me, I'm capable to sit down for hrs to cut little bits out lol
ReplyDelete